The field of medicine continues to advance and branch out in so many ways. Nutritionists and health experts continue to praise certain natural foods and their benefits and recommend that patients eat natural foods in addition to their medications from healthyusa.co to achieve good results when recovering. In fact, eating healthy foods has proven to reduce the risk of obesity, certain types of cancer, heart diseases and most common illness.
However, understanding which foods to eat for specific benefits can sometimes be difficult.
Here are some foods with their potential health benefits:
Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E, Copper, Magnesium, good quality protein and healthy unsaturated fatty acids that are very beneficial to the human body and health. Just a handful of almonds contains one-eighth of our daily protein needs. Almonds are known to potentially help:
- Prevent heart diseases.
- Cut the risk of cancer and help prolong life.
In an era where people die young because of the foods they eat, you can eat almond regularly to prolong your life a little bit. They may be eaten on their own, raw or toasted.
It’s a spice that comes from branches of wild tress that belongs to the genus ‘Cinnamomum’. Studies have found that cinnamon can:
- Potentially be effective against HIV.
- Help improve glucose and fats levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Also, research found that consuming cinnamon can reduce the body’s negative responses to eating high fat meals.
It’s a kind of herb which is widely used as a flavoring in cooking. It has also been used as a medicine throughout ancient and modern history to prevent and treat a wide range of heart conditions and blood system. Garlic can potentially be a very powerful antibiotic and have great benefits of consuming, these includes:
- Protect the heart during cardiac surgery and after a heart attack.
- It also lowers the risk of developing lung cancer.
- Reduce high cholesterol and blood pressure.
I believe with this little information, you will consider consuming garlic more and not use it only as flavoring in cooking. Garlic can be consumed raw or added to foods to help improve your health.
Ginger contains a chemical which is used as an ingredient in antacid, laxative and anti-gas medications and is mostly used as flavoring in cooking. It is very beneficial to the human health because:
- It can prevent inflammations of the colon.
- It can reduce exercise-induced muscle pain. This is good news for people who gym frequently get muscle pains; they can work out freely without worrying about pain.
- It helps to relieve nausea.
- And can also help reduces the severity of period pains. Great news for ladies, menstrual problems solved!
Chocolate is rich in antioxidants. Despite its bad reputation for causing weight gain, there are a number of health benefits being associated with its consumption. The potential benefits of eating chocolate are said to include:
- Lowing cholesterol level.
- Preventing cognitive decline.
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular (heart) problems.
This is great right because the next time you eat a piece of chocolate, you may not have to feel guilty about it.
Knowing these, you can choose which food to eat to the best of your health.
Story by; Serkina Tanagidah (Diploma 1C).